RENTAL CONDITIONS OF RENTAL VEHICLE
The present Rental Contract includes the terms and conditions of the rental which is provided with each vehicle at the point of hire (referred to in these terms and conditions as the «Rental Agreement«). The Rental Agreement is made between Good Morning Rent a Car, S.L. (herein referred to as «the owner«) and the person and/or company signing the Rental Agreement (herein referred to as «the client«) whose details are specified in the Rental Agreement. It is hereby agreed as follows:
- The vehicle may be driven during the term of hire only by the person(s) named on the Rental Agreement and only if they hold a current full valid driver’s license appropriate for the vehicle while they are using the same.
- The client should present a valid CREDIT CARD, (VISA or MasterCard), as guarantee of the hire issued in the name of the person who figures as the main driver on the Rental Agreement and must pay the owner for the rental of the vehicle the sum or sums indicated on the Rental Agreement and authorizes the owner to charge all amounts payable to the client’s account being the same the above-mentioned credit card.
- The minimum age required of the driver is 23. The driver must have a full valid driver’s license in force for a period of at least 2 years. Drivers under the age of 25, or drivers possessing a license for a period of less than 4 years will have a surcharge as an extra insurance fee of 5 euro per day, (the minimum being 15 euro and the maximum of 50 euro per Rental Agreement).
- The reservation of a vehicle is not necessarily associated with a particular brand or model, but to a group of similar vehicles, in what refers to technical characteristics and suitability, due to size or capacity.
THE PRICE OF THE RENTAL INCLUDES
- Delivery and collection at the airport, AVE (High Speed Train) train station and hotel or address during office hours, (From 09:30 to 18:00hours).
- Unlimited kilometers inside the Autonomous Community of Andalucía and Gibraltar.
- VAT, taxes and local rates.
- Comprehensive insurance with excess.
- 24 hour roadside assistance. (Calling +34 627 555 125)
- Additional Driver.
- GPS (According to availability of the same)
NOT INCLUDED IN RENTAL PRICE
- Supplement for delivery of vehicle outside office hours:
o Between 07:01 and 09:00 hours an additional charge of 20€
o Between 18:01 and 21:59 hours an additional charge of 20€
o Between 22:00 and 07:00 hours an additional charge of 50€
- The delivery or collection of the vehicles in different places to the airport, AVE train station, will lead to a minimum surcharge of 20€ according to agreement with the company.
- Baby seat: 3 euro per day per seat, (minimum charge of 10 euro and maximum charge of 45 euro per Rental Agreement). The fitting of the same inside the vehicle will always remain under the responsibility of the client.
- Lifters: 2 euro per day for each lifter, (maximum charge of 30 euro per Rental Agreement).
None of our rental vehicles are authorized to circulate outside the territory of the Autonomous Community of Andalucia and Gibraltar. In the case of travelling outside the said territory, the Rental Agreement shall cease to have effect, as well as the insurance coverages and the roadside assistance. In addition, the owner will have the right to debit the corresponding charge as compensation for breach of contract on the client’s credit card, with value equal to the corresponding excess/franchise.
The owner offers two types of insurances:
- Comprehensive insurance with Excess: offers compulsory and complementary civil liability coverage, legal defence and compensation of damage and accidental injuries, partial protection against damage to the integrity of the vehicle, free 24 hours road assistance. the amount of the maximum payable varies depending on each franchise group of the rented vehicle:
- Group A, B1, B2 y B3 – 300€
- Group C and D1 – 400 €
- Group D2, E – 500 €
- Group F, G – 700 €
The client must leave a deposit as a guarantee for the franchise when renting the vehicle. This deposit will be returned automatically at the time of the return of the vehicle, provided that the client delivers the vehicle to the owner in the same conditions that it was collected and no new damages have been incurred during the rental period.
The owner reserves the right to make use of the franchise to cover the damages to the vehicle. The client is responsible for not only the payment of the repair costs of the vehicle, but also of all other expenses and costs arising from the damage, such as transportation costs and / or stoppage of the vehicle.
It should be understood that there are certain damages not covered by any insurance: loss of keys, damages to under floors, radio-cd or upholstery, using unsuitable fuel, driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs, loss or theft of parts of the car, (e.g. spare wheel, reflective vest, etc.) and any damage that is not listed on the accident report.
- Insurance full risk without franchise: offers coverage of compulsory and complementary civil liability, legal expenses and claim for damage and injury, protection against damage to the integrity of the vehicle without a franchise, free 24 hour roadside assistance, windows and glass, locks, damage to tyres and punctures.
This form of insurance does not require the deposit of a guarantee.
The amount to be paid for the full insurance without franchise varies with regard to the group of the vehicle rented:
- Group A, B1, B2 y B3 – 7 euro per day (minimum 30).
- Group C and D1 – 8 euro per day (minimum 40).
- Group D2, E – 9 euro per day (minimum 50 euro).
- Group F, G – 10 euro per day (minimum 60 euro).
It should be understood that there are certain damages which are not covered by any insurance: loss of keys, damages to under floors, radio-cd or upholstery, unsuitable fuel, driving under the effects of alcohol and drugs, loss or theft of parts of the car, (e.g. spare wheel, reflective vest, etc.) and any damage that is not listed on the accident report.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF RENT
In virtue of the said contract, Good Morning Cars, S.L. with Tax ID number B-93469864 and company address at C/ Vicente Blanch Picot, 23, Polígono Empresarial El Pinillo, Torremolinos, Málaga (herein referred to as «the owner«), hereby rents the vehicle described in the front part of the Contract to the person identified as the driver and payer, (hereinafter the “Client”), in the terms and conditions stated here below, (hereinafter the “Rental Agreement”). In signing on the front part of the Agreement, you have recognized and confirmed that you have read all the specifications and that you agree with all the terms and conditions established in the contract and undertake to comply with all of them.
- OBJECT OF THE CONTRACT
The client recognizes that he/she receives the vehicle as described in the Rental Agreement, totally clean and in perfect conditions of maintenance and operation. The damages, the fuel tank and auxiliary equipment is to be considered apt for its use unless otherwise indicated.
The Client is committed to preserve and maintain, drive and use the vehicle complying with the standards of Spanish traffic regulations, as well as those foreseen in the present Rental Agreement.
- DURATION OF CONTRACT
The duration of the rental period will be as it appears on the face of the Agreement, stating the date and time of delivery and return of the vehicle.
A rental day is understood as a period of 24 hours as from the moment the rental of the vehicle begins, allowing the return of the same a period of grace of 120 minutes.
If the client decides to end the rental of the car before the date specified on the Rental Agreement, the client will not be entitled to the reimbursement of the amount corresponding to the days in which the car has not been used.
- USE OF VEHICLE
The Client is committed to keep the vehicle in good conditions and, without prejudice of the obligations that may appear in other clauses of the Rental Agreement, to:
- To use and drive the vehicle with diligence, respecting the Traffic Act, Motor Traffic and Road Safety regulations and additional legal measures which are to be applied. Any damage caused to the vehicle due to negligence for not respecting the traffic signs will not be covered by the insurance.
- RETURN OF VEHICLE
The return of the vehicle should be at the local rental office, on the date and time stated in the Rental Agreement. The vehicle will be returned by the Client in the same conditions as it was delivered, along with all the documents, auxiliary equipment, tyres, tools and accessories.
The Client is not authorized to modify any technical characteristic of the vehicle, keys, equipment, tools and/or accessories or change any appearance and/or inside aspect of the car. In this way, the Client will be responsible for all the necessary expenses to return the vehicle to its original state.
*FAILURE TO RETURN VEHICLE
In the case that the Client:
1) returns the vehicle on a date and time not stated on the Rental Agreement;
2) returns or leaves the vehicle at a different place to that specified on the Rental Agreement.
*The Owner reserves its right to take legal actions before the competent authorities against any case of lose or failure to return the vehicle. The Client will be responsible for the following consequences.
- EXTENSION OF THE CONTRACT
The Client has the obligation of returning the vehicle on the date and time stated in the Rental Agreement. If the Client wishes to extend the rental period, he/she should do so in person at any of the Owner’s offices and sign the said extension. No extension of the Rental Agreement will be authorized by telephone, electronic mail or text messages. If the Rental Agreement is unable to be extended due to the lack of availability of vehicles or any other cause, the Client must return the vehicle on the foreseen date and time.
When requesting an extension, the Owner may demand that a new contract be signed, terminating in this way the existing Rental Agreement.
In any case, the amount deposited as guarantee may be used for an extension. The individual extension by the Client will be considered as an unauthorized use of the vehicle to the effects of responsibility of the Client upon any damage that the vehicle may present.
- The Client accepts to pay the Owner at the beginning of the rental period, (the prices and rates including the tax rates in force and which may vary depending on the season).
- At the moment of the delivery of the vehicle the client should present a valid credit card as form of payment. The credit card must belong to the person that figures as the main driver in the Rental Agreement.
The client must return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel that the car contained at the beginning of the rental period. In case it would not be in this way, we charge an additional cost.
- 2. IMPROPER USE OF VEHICLE
The Client is requested to maintain the vehicle in perfect conditions and use the same in a diligent way, according to the traffic laws and regulations established and avoiding at all times any situation which may damage the vehicle.
The Client will not allow the vehicle to be driven by any other person but him/herself, except a person authorized in the Rental Agreement. Consequently, the client will be directly responsible for the damages caused to the vehicle by third parties in this situation.
The improper use of the vehicle includes, and is not limited to, the following situations mentioned as examples:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, psychotropics, stimulants or similar substances or in a weakening capacity to drive, like fatigue or an illness and/or disease, or allow the vehicle to be driven by a person who finds him/herself in similar circumstances.
- Reckless driving and/or driving against any traffic regulation.
- The use of the vehicle for illegal purposes.
- The use of the vehicle once the rental period has finished.
- Carry more passengers than those stated by the manufacturer of the vehicle or allowed by law, or use the vehicle to transport unauthorized animals.
- The use of the vehicle to move, push or tow other vehicles, trailers or objects.
- Driving on very poor roads or other trails or tracks that may damage the vehicle.
- Driving the vehicle in unsuitable places, such as beaches, forest trails, dirt tracks or farm roads, etc.
- Use the vehicle to participate in competitions, contests, training or the test of the resistance of its materials, equipment or products for automobiles.
- Use of the vehicle or the quality or characteristics different from those applied in accordance with the fuel specified by the manufacturer for each vehicle type.
- Parking the vehicle in an incorrect manner or leaving it unblocked when it is not in use.
- Leaving objects visible inside the vehicle, being accessible to theft and consequently causing damage to the car.
- Altering the odometer of the vehicle.
Any case which violates the dispositions of this Rental Agreement will be interpreted as a breach of contract, in which case the Client is responsible for all the damages caused to the vehicle and is obligated to pay all the expenses incurred. In the case of a legal claim the Client will incur all the legal costs of the lawsuit, including the lawyers’ fees and the judicial costs, but his/her statement and appearance in Court is not procedurally obligated.
- DRIVING LICENSE
The Client must be in possession of a valid driving license and which is authorized to drive in Spain. The Client should be the official license holder of the said document for a minimum period of 4 years. The Client is directly responsible of the validity of the driving license.
- ADDITIONAL DRIVERS
All the clients and/or authorized drivers will be jointly and severally liable for all the obligations that derive from the Rental Agreement with the client and the applicable laws in force.
- RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
The Owner. reserves the right to terminate the Rental Agreement before the stated date, with immediate effect and without compensation to the client in the following situations:
- After the reception of information questioning the financial liquidity of the Client.
- The Owner proves that the client is breaching the contract.
- The Client has misused the vehicle.
The Owner is not responsible for any personal belongings stolen, forgotten or left inside the vehicle. The client’s responsible for any installation and assembly of any additional accessary according to Spanish law and regulations. (The owner will not be responsible for any accident or damages incurred due to the same).